A Ray of Light

A Ray of Light

A ray of light has shown through the darkness of the hell I’ve been in the past 10 years. That ray of light being the willingness of several people close to me in positions of power to attempt to free me from this corporate prison I have brought upon myself. If all goes the way I hope and pray I will only be in this prison for several more months at the most. Granted I will be substituting one job for another, however the difference should be enormous. I will be leaving a private corporation for the public sector. I will be leaving a department and company that values and rewards unethical and immoral behavior. I will be leaving a company that discriminates against women and other minorities and that values white men over all others. I will be joining the public sector which although far from perfect is light years superior to the lack of power and recourse one has in the private sector, which I not only find morally repugnant but unbearable on so many levels.

There are many desirable departments in my county that I feel I could make a difference. Take the Office of Women’s Services for example. I would feel honored to work for the benefit of the women in my community, which includes not only me but my mother, my sister, my niece, other family members, countless friends and acquaintances and all other women. What could be more rewarding? Also there is the office for the Aging, the office for Handicapped Services, Minority Affairs, Stop-DWI, Veterans Services, Youth Bureau, Division of Cancer Awareness, etc. etc.

I must admit reviewing the list of services that my local government provides to my community makes me feel proud and fortunate. I didn’t realize how many wonderful services were available. What a difference it will be to be working for the greater good of my community as opposed to the bottom line wealth of one overly rich family who doesn’t even live in my community. It will be such a relief and joy.

Of course I haven’t been offered a position yet so nothing is definite but I have high hopes. I feel that I am more than qualified and completely ready at this juncture of my life for a position in which I can finally make a difference. Not to mention leaving behind the immature, unethical, immoral actions of the people that I am subjected to at this Godforsaken company.

I will admit that I have learned a great deal at this hell hole. Unfortunately this knowledge has come at quite a great price, the price of my happiness for over a decade now. I have been subjected to discrimination, hostility and blatant degradation. Because I believe that everything happens for a reason I must also believe that I have been subjected to this abuse for a reason and I believe that reason was awareness. I had no idea what was taking place in private corporations. I was extremely naïve. Now that I not only am aware but have experienced these injustices myself I am hopeful that at some point I will be in a position to not only shed light but to hopefully put an end to this exploitative, illegal policies.

My goal is to make a positive difference wherever I go. I would love to go into my new government job and institute new 21st century, innovative policies in order to improve the lives not only of me and my coworkers, but society at large.

I realize these are lofty goals but I am dead serious about them and feel that I am ready for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers