Counting the Days

This short post was written 2 years ago but not published for some reason. Decided to publish now. I am still in such deep despair and can't think of anything but getting out of corporate hell.

How very sad to be counting the days until retirement at age 44. Not to mention that I have already been counting them for years and years. Each and every day is a reminder that I am not free and if I don't do something drastic won't be for the next 20 plus years. My heart wrenches each morning when I walk out the front door of my home away from all that I love to trek 40 miles to a place I detest to do work that I have so far outgrown that it is literally painful to do. Fortunately I do not spend a great deal of time doing it, but a minute is too long as far as I am concerned.


I received a message from a client yesterday that drove the point home once again. She retired this past Friday, and said that she is and I quote, "loving it already, I AM FINALLY A FREE WOMAN." I can't stop thinking about this profound statement. I find it so tragic that this poor woman spent the majority of her life feeling imprisoned. Of course I can relate, hence this blog, and all the other steps I am taking to prevent this from happening to me and hopefully to end up helping others to prevent it from happening to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers